Near the Old Man of Storr, Scotland I took this in 2004

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Passed 2,000!

So, I've gone beyond 2,000 signatures!! I have a total of 2,210, with the petition having been re-posted now 10 times. It kind of galls me though, I have to say, that I have had to post and post this petition urging the Canadian Government to include animal rights in the constitution, and it's moving at a turtle's pace.

I'm grateful that it is moving, but upset that key animal rights orgs won't sign it and/or post it on their websites, with such lame-ass excuses, like, ' we don't have any space on our site.' Yeah bloody right.

Why can a petition written by someone who can't spell to save their life and be about a silly topic like saving the blobfish, yes, this is in fact a real petition, get way more signatures in one go then all of mine re-posted?!

Not impressed.

Lastly, the new kitten has adjusted well. She's sleeping next to me on the couch though my big bear of a kitty isn't so keen on her, at all.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your petition. Denise and myself signed it ages ago. This is what I always say is the first thing that needs to change, before we'll see things really change for animal rights.

    - Melina : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd let you know I just put the link in my facebook status to your petition site. Hope everyone friggin' signs it.

    - Melina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so too! Thanks a lot:) I wish that more people could see that by signing this petition it spearheads all the other causes, and yet WSPA IFAW and even PeTA won't post a link to my petition on their sites. Oh, they all have their excuses, but if animals actually had full protection and rights under the law, then a lot of these organizations wouldn't have to work as hard, or maybe even at all..( ok that's a stretch but a hopeful one)
    Thanks so much again!

    ReplyDelete